What to Pack
The transition to a new country can at times be overwhelming. Check out the lists of important items you should bring with you to U.S.
Clearing Immigration upon Entering U.S.
- UMass Boston Files: UMass Boston GSSP Offer Letter, UMass Boston’s Letter of Acceptance, UMass Boston fees receipt
- Visa Files: Passport, Form I-20, F-1 visa, address in U.S.A
- Immunization record & health forms
- Original academic certificates & transcripts
Other Suggested Items
- Credit card & approximately $300 in cash on-hand
- Extra eye glasses or contact lenses & fluid
- Copy of your medical history
- Traditional or special medicines, packaged & wrapped – medicines you need should be in your carry-on luggage in case your luggage is lost. All fluids over 3 oz. should be in your checked luggage.
- International prepaid phone card
- Contact numbers & addresses (both local and abroad)
- Adaptors (electrical systems in U.S.A. are 110 volts)
- Pictures of family and friends
You will need bedding and personal items, but it is best to purchase them after you arrive, as these items take up lots of space.