Conditions of Enrollment
Student Visa Conditions
- International students must be enrolled full time. For undergraduate students, at least 12 credits.
- Student visas are usually issued for the period of the program. Students wishing to extend their study permit should first consult UMass Boston GSSP for assistance.
- The student is expected to attend all classes, undertake all tests and examinations during a program, and abide by all rules and regulations of UMass Boston GSSP that are in force at any time.
- The contract between the applicant and UMass Boston GSSP is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- UMass Boston GSSP may, by written notice, vary the conditions of enrollment as may be necessary to comply with any law, regulation or amendment thereof, of the United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- In the event of circumstances requiring urgent medical care and where it is not possible to contact the parent/guardian, UMass Boston GSSP is authorized as a matter of urgency to seek and provide appropriate medical care. Students are responsible for any additional costs.
Students can defer their program start date a maximum of two times. Subsequent requests for deferral will result in the student needing to re-apply. Deferral requests must be made in writing. If a student wishes to defer their admission until a later semester, UMass Boston GSSP will hold the fees paid until commencement without levying a penalty. If the student subsequently withdraws, the Fee Refund Policy will apply as at the date UMass Boston GSSP was advised in writing of their withdrawal. UMass Boston GSSP reserves the right to apply the Fee Refund Policy to the date of the initial deferral. UMass Boston GSSP reserves a right to not approve deferral requests.
Refund Schedule Policy
- For the purposes of this Refund Schedule Policy, term fees are defined as one full time term of study in any program at UMass Boston GSSP.
- All currency in this refund policy is in United States dollars (USD).
- If an applicant accepts a place offered at UMass Boston GSSP and pays the administration fee and/or fees, a binding contract is created between UMass Boston GSSP and the student.
- Notification of cancellation or withdrawal from a course(s) or withdrawal or deferral from a program of study must be made in writing to UMass Boston GSSP, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston MA 02125, USA or by email to email@example.com, only from the student’s email address.
- Students who dispute UMass Boston GSSP’s decision regarding a refund have recourse with the Executive Director of UMass Boston GSSP.
- In the case of cancellation or withdrawal, the cancellation fee (administration charge if relevant) will be calculated as shown in the table below.
- In case of a deferral, the fees will be retained by UMass Boston GSSP until commencement of studies; in case of a leave of absence, the fees will be retained by UMass Boston GSSP until recommencement of studies. If the student subsequently withdraws, the Refund Policy will apply as of the date UMass Boston GSSP was advised in writing of their withdrawal. UMass Boston GSSP reserves the right to apply the Refund Policy to the date of the initial deferral or leave of absence.
- SEVIS fees paid to the US Department of Homeland Security by the student are not reimbursed by UMass Boston GSSP.
- Students whose admission offer is withdrawn for submission of a false/misleading application or whose enrollment is terminated by UMass Boston GSSP will not be entitled to any refund of fees. Any fee refund is wholly at the discretion of UMass Boston GSSP.
- Refunds for students who must withdraw for medical reasons will be based upon the table below.
- UMass Boston GSSP reserves the right to withdraw a program or course(s) from offer at its discretion. If a student is unable to enroll in a similar program or course(s) at UMass Boston GSSP and the enrollment is cancelled, all fees will be refunded with the exception of any non-refundable fees.
- Where an I20 and/or F1 Visa or any other immigration document is rejected due to a breach in student study conditions, a student must withdraw from UMass Boston GSSP and the cancellation fee will be calculated as shown in the table below. Students withdrawing from a course must first consult with a UMass Boston GSSP Advisor to ensure they maintain the minimum course load to satisfy their student visa requirements.
- All refunds under this Refund Policy will be paid within four (4) weeks of receiving a written claim from the student.
- Refunds are to be paid to the person who enters into the contract with UMass Boston GSSP and to the original account from which the fees were paid.
*Semester tuition is equivalent to 12 credits or 4 subjects, whichever is greater.